The HND in Computer Game Animation gives you an insight into all of the core functional areas of Games Development and Animation in Games Design and organisation management.
You will have a timetable covering classes two or three days a week which provides the opportunity to maintain part-time work or other commitments during the rest of the week. You will be expected to carry out work on assessments and reading outside the timetabled hours using our Higher Education Study area and/or working from home via or eLearning environment. You will study either individually or in small and medium sized groups using a variety of methods including research and group work, traditional classes, seminars and guided learning.
The course is continuously assessed using reports, presentations, debates and other methods to develop your games development industry communications confidence and skills. There is also the option of work experience period during the second year of the course.
Throughout the programme you will have a personal tutor who you will meet with regularly to discuss your progress and facilitate your learning experience.
For the 2017 intake Year 1 modules may include:
- Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
- Practical Skills for Computer Game Animation
- Computer Games Studies
- Drawing Techniques for Computer Game Concept Art
- 2D Digital Graphics for Computer Games
- 2D Digital Animation for Computer Games
- 3D Computer Game Engines
The follow on Year 2 modules may include:
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- Special Subject Investigation for Creative Media Production
- Career Development for the Computer Games Industry
- 3D Environments for Computer Games
- 3D Animation for Computer Games
- CGI Rendering and Lighting for Computer Games Animation
- 3D Character Animation for Computer Games
- Work Experience in the Creative Media Sector
Please note: Modules and course content subject to change