Students are required to observe criminal trials and are encouraged to partake in work experience within your chosen field. In the second year you will create a personal and professional development profile, to develop your skills for career prospects. Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to meet and train with those already working within the Criminal Justice System and the Public Services, such as the Police. You will be introduced to the necessary underpinning knowledge of law, psychology, sociology and criminology. Areas covered are likely to include:
- Aspects of Criminal Law for Public Services
- Criminological Theory relating to Crimes of Violence
- Psychology of Human and Criminal Behaviour
- Sociological Aspects of the Public Services in Contemporary Society
- Justice and Punishment
- Crime Reduction and Community Safety
- Custodial Care in England and Wales
Please note: Modules and course content subject to change.
This course is delivered at our Chippenham campus.