This online distance-learning course is tailored to work around your busy life style and provides you with the flexibility to enrol anytime throughout the year. Supported by the Pet Industry Federation, the aim of this course is to standardise dog-walking practices within the industry.
You will need to complete 8 hours online learning after which you will attend a 4 hour practical assessment session within the animal centre at our Lackham land-based campus.
This qualification is ideal if you are looking to either:
- Start up a Dog Walking business
- Train existing staff and/or franchisees’
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Adding accreditation to existing business and dog walking practitioners within the animal industry
- Looking to refresh your current theoretical and practical skills or to enhance your CV
If you are looking for a career within the animal care industry, then this is qualification is aimed at you. Working with animals is extremely rewarding, but it can require long hours, with dedication and enthusiasm for the role. This qualification is suitable if you are 16 years old or over.
You will gain the practical skills and knowledge that are important for working as a competent dog walker. You could also progress to further learning and training in this area.