This two-week distance learning City & Guilds qualification is supported by the Pet Industry Federation with the aim of standardising pet-sitting practices within the industry. Tailored to work around your busy lifestyle, it provides you with the flexibility to enrol anytime throughout the year.
You will need to complete 8 hours online learning after which you will attend a 4 hour practical assessment session within the animal centre at our Lackham land-based campus
This qualification is ideal if you are looking to either:
- Start up a Pet- sitting business
- Train existing staff and/or franchisees’
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Adding accreditation to existing business and pet sitting practitioners within the animal industry
- Looking to refresh their current theoretical and practical skills or to enhance their CV
If you are looking for a career within the animal care industry, then this qualification is aimed at you. Working with animals is extremely rewarding, but it can require long hours, with dedication and enthusiasm for the role. This qualification is suitable if you are 16 years old or over.
You will gain the practical skills and knowledge that are important for working as a pet sitter. Pet sitting can involve looking after a wide range of animals to include cats, dogs, rabbits and guinea pigs, through exotics, pet pigs, chickens, sheep or goats, for example. You could also progress to further learning and training in this area.