The course is the academic equivalent of 3 full A-levels. You will study a variety of topics such as Government policies, citizenship and diversity, leadership skills, communication, team building, health, fitness testing and training.
You will study a range of units taken from the following-
- Government Policies and the Public services
- Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship & Diversity
- Understanding Discipline in the uniformed public services
- Fitness testing and training for the uniformed public services
- International Institutions and Human rights
- War, Conflict and terrorism
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Skills for Land-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Skills for Water-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Command and Control in the Uniformed Public Services
- Planning for major incidents
- Police Powers & the Public Services
- Behaviour in Public Sector Employment
- Communication and technology in the uniformed public services
- Security procedures within the public services
- Practical team sports
- Land navigation by map and compass
- Leading in land based activities
Units are subject to change.
You will learn by a variety of different methods including formal reports, essays, presentations, residential activities and expeditions.