Teaching and Learning
It is recognised that learners learn in a variety of ways and the teaching and learning on the programme will consider these special needs.
- Students are encouraged to identify and with guidance to reflect on their own learning needs and are offered the following support as appropriate to meet those needs:
- A course induction programme
- Induction to learning resources
- Individual tutorials
- Learning agreement
- Online resources
- Study skills support
- Access to college resources such as I.T. facilities and the Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
- A Higher Education student handbook
A variety of assessment methods will be used on this programme to enable learners to meet the learning outcomes for the module such as:
- Individual and group based project work
- Practical investigations
- Group and individual presentations
- Work experience log books
- Reflective accounts
Work experience is fundamental in the development of effective professional practice, learning and progression in this sector. Therefore, the assessment of learning on or through work experience is a key requirement of this qualification and should be actively encouraged / integrated as part of good practice.
On successful completion of this course, you will achieve an HND in Sport, accredited by Pearson.