This is an intermediate course delivered over three blocks of 10 weeks sessions, which will introduce you to more advanced skills to further your knowledge of cake icing and sugarcraft.
It is open to anyone who has either taken the beginners sugarcraft course or who has previous experience of making wired sugar flowers and cake decorating.
The aim of the course is to provide you with a follow-on to Cake Icing and Sugarcraft - Beginners course, to develop your skills and learn some advanced techniques.
On completion you should be able to:
• Make a range of more advanced flowers and foliage
• Demonstrate your ability to tape together sugar flower sprays
• Ice and decorate a Christmas cake
• Pipe using a range traditional royal icing techniques
• Design and decorate your own cake with the tutor's guidance
• How to price up your own creations
The following topics will be covered during the course:
• Sugar Flower Sprays - making sugar flowers, and leaves, dusting and taping up spray
• How to marzipan and ice a fruit cake, and decorate with either a traditional or novelty design
• Christmas Cake Decorations - Modelling/Sugar Flowers - student's choice of novelty/traditional style decorations
• Sugar Flower Sprays - making sugar flowers and leaves, dusting and taping up spray
• Traditional Royal Icing Techniques
• Piped flowers
• Easter decorations
• Summer Sugar Flower Sprays - making sugar flowers and leaves, dusting and taping up spray
• Designing your own cake -You will learn how to draw up a design for a cake. Tips on how to find inspiration
• Decorating fruit or cake dummy to your own design - (students' choice)
• How to price up cakes for cake orders.