If you wish to apply for a full time course starting in September 2017, please find a course below
If you are ready to start the application or enrolment process now, simply complete the online form or download one here and drop it in to any of our campuses
Click here to view or download any of our prospectuses
This City and Guilds Level 3 qualification replaces the PTLLS qualification and is aimed at candidates who would like an introduction to teaching and training. You do not have to be doing any teaching or training in order to do this course.
This qualification is suitable for those who work or want to work as:
• Teachers in the Lifelong Learning Sector (further education, adult and community education, Work Based Learning and the voluntary sector)
• Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector, the uniformed services or HM Forces
• Technicians and support staff in Further and Adult Education.
This course is intended to provide an introduction for those new to teaching and training and those wishing to teach and train. This qualification will equip you with the basic skills and confidence required for planning, delivering and assessing learning.
The following areas are addressed:
• Planning lessons that include activities and resource that are inclusive and motivating
• Deliver inclusive lessons which will engage learners
• Understand the use of different assessment methods, record keeping and giving feedback
• Understand the role and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer
• Develop skills in reflective practice
To achieve the Award, candidates must successfully complete all set assignments. This includes written assignments and a 15 minute microteaching to your peers.
An interview is compulsory before students can enrol on this course. Please contact our Customer Services team to arrange this.