The aim of the course is to equip you with the confidence and knowledge to improve your observational and drawing skills.
On completion, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an improvement in your understanding of proportion, measurement, shape, tone and your mark-making ability
- Develop and improve your human figure work
- Experiment with different materials and develop your own personal style
- Produce a portfolio of work.
The following topics will be covered during the course:
- Drawing in Different Scales - working in various scales
- Drawing Movement - experimenting with rapid drawing techniques
- Using Different Materials - different drawing and painting media
- Colour - experimenting with colour; aspects of colour theory
- Tone - improving tonal quality and pencil control
- Line - drawing the essence of the pose with sensitive and expressive line
- Negative Space - the secrets of successful artists are now revealed.