This qualification meets the needs of learners in a Work-based environment who may wish to work within the horticultural industry or progress to further learning and/or training. These qualifications allow learners to develop underpinning knowledge whilst practising skills that could be used within employment in the horticulture industry.
Gardening skills, grass management, English and Mathematics alongside plant identification and an introduction to horticulture practice. A course that will train a work-based garden novice into a trained Level 2 horticulturist.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety
- Maintain and develop personal performance
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Level and prepare sites for landscaping
- Use and maintain non-powered and hand-held powered tools and equipment
- Clear horticultural and landscaping sites
Optional Units - these are chosen by your assessor and employer and may include:
- Install drainage systems
- Use and maintain pedestrian controlled powered equipment
- Construct water features
- Install hard standing sub-layers
- Pruning and training plants
To successfully complete the Apprenticeship Framework, you will have to achieve Functional Skills qualifications (English and Maths) and other framework subjects such as Employer’s Rights and Responsibility, and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, along with sitting a short multiple choice test.