This Award is appropriate for you if your role involves:
• Assessing learners against agreed standards of competence using a range of assessment methods in the workplace and in a training environment
• Giving learners feedback on your assessment decisions
• Contributing to the internal quality assurance processes
The activities you are likely to be involved in include:
• Developing realistic plans for learning and assessment with learners
• Planning the assessment process with learners and other people involved
• Helping learners to meet the agreed assessment requirements
• Reviewing the learners’ level of competence and identifying what they need to do to be fully competent
• Supporting learners with different needs throughout their assessment
• Using a variety of assessment methods including observation, work products and question and answer
• Making a record of your assessment decisions
• Giving learners feedback on their performance and reviewing their progress throughout the assessment process
• Working with other people in the assessment process such as workplace supervisors and other teachers or trainers and the internal quality assurer
• Participating in Standardisation activities
• Evaluating your own practice
This unit based award assesses competence; that is the skills, knowledge and understanding you have in a work environment. It consists of 2 units and the standards describe the breadth of performance that is expected of anyone working in the industry or sector which the award covers.
Units will include:
• Developing plans for assessing competence with learners
• Judging evidence against agreed standards to make assessment decisions
• Giving learners feedback and support on your assessment decisions
• Contributing to the internal quality assurance process
• Reflecting on your practice
Evidence will be assessed using one or more of the following assessment methods:
• Examination of evidence
• Professional Discussion
You are advised that approximately three hours a week of independent study will be required.
Assessor-candidates will need a minimum of 2 learners who are undertaking QCF work-based qualifications.
This is a roll-on roll-off course and it would normally take between 6 and 8 months to complete.