If you wish to apply for a full time course starting in September 2017, please find a course below
If you are ready to start the application or enrolment process now, simply complete the online form or download one here and drop it in to any of our campuses
Click here to view or download any of our prospectuses
This certification is appropriate for you if your role involves:
• Assessing learners against agreed standards of competence using a range of assessment methods in the workplace and in a training environment
• Giving learners feedback on your assessment decisions
• Contributing to the internal quality assurance processes
The activities you are likely to be involved in include:
• Developing realistic plans for learning and assessment with learners
• Planning the assessment process with learners and other people involved
• Helping learners to meet the agreed assessment requirements
• Reviewing the learners’ level of competence and identifying what they need to do to be fully competent
• Supporting learners with different needs throughout their assessment
• Using a variety of assessment methods
• Making a record of your assessment decisions
• Giving learners feedback on their performance and reviewing their progress throughout the assessment process
• Working with other people in the assessment process such as workplace supervisors and other teachers or trainers and the internal quality assurer
• Participating in Standardisation activities
• Evaluating your own practice.
This unit based certificate assesses competence; that is the skills, knowledge and understanding you have in a work situation and in achieving vocationally-related qualifications in a college or training environment. It consists of 3 units and the standards describe the breadth of performance that is expected of anyone working in the industry or sector which the certificate covers.
You will learn about:
• Developing plans for assessing competence with learners
• Planning and delivering sessions for vocationally-related qualifications
• Judging evidence against agreed standards to make assessment decisions
• Giving learners feedback and support on your assessment decisions
• Contributing to the internal quality assurance process
• Reflecting on your practice
Evidence will be assessed using one or more of the following assessment methods:
• Examination of evidence
• Professional Discussion
You are advised that approximately three hours a week of independent study will be required.
Assessor-candidates will need a minimum of 2 learners who are undertaking QCF work-based qualifications and a minimum of 2 learners who are completing a vocationally-related qualification.
This is a roll-on roll-off course and it would normally take between 6 and 8 months to complete.